Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Wi-Fi Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hello, Good day to you.

Recently, i have started to seed back all my torrent downloads. I have a much older system and the only thing it does right now is, seed. I have planned to seed until the system gives in. Since, it is a legacy system, it does not have a inbuilt Wi-Fi and i am using a USB Wi-Fi Adapter. But the thing is, i noticed that the seeding discontinues every 10-11 hours (Currently on the test of figuring out the exact time) even though the internet symbol is connected, i can't seem to use the Internet. Even the airplane or wifi mode on/off, replug of the adapter doesn't solve the issue. Only after a restart does it start working and it works without an issue for the rest of those 10-11 hours.

So, i wanted to ask what exactly might be the problem and what is the solution for it. I have a hunch it is something related to USB power allocation and even changed the usb setting to be awake all the time but still no changes, Is there something else that i missed or overlooked?

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
We are a windows forum here and not a technical one, I am going to leave this thread open for a while to see if anyone can help you.
Have you checked your moder/router?
If you are using the one that your internet provider gave and its old I think its time to replace it and see how it goes.....................

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
This has nothing to do with bugs and issues of the forum

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
Which windows and Wi-Fi dongol you are using ?

MediumSteak

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
12.2 GB
Uploaded
13.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
check windows event viewer, you're gonna find log there

just based on my experience, i used to have problem with my wifi dongle tp link wn722n v1 on my windows 10. i fixed the issue by replace the driver, i use the driver from official chipset manufacture instead of the driver from tp link website.

Last edited:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

September222022

Uncheck this box here >>>

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
We are a windows forum here and not a technical one, I am going to leave this thread open for a while to see if anyone can help you.
Have you checked your moder/router?
If you are using the one that your internet provider gave and its old I think its time to replace it and see how it goes.....................
Thank you for your insight.

But modem/router itself doesn't have any problem. I use various laptops and mobile all round the day and my mobile usually stays connected to it 38*7 (LoL) and i don't have a single connectivity issue.

Long back like a year or two before, i was using this same laptop to get my seedbonus to 200,000. Even during that time, i simply used to power on the laptop and get torrent running and simply forget about it and i had no issues then. Recently, since the laptop was dying and i wanted the laptop to send off with a bang as a gesture of being a good companion to me all these time, so, i installed Windows 11 and having been seeding using that. So, logically speaking this isn't a technical one but a software one, more precisely it has something to do with power allocation/sleep and wake setting for USB. I just wanted to post it here so as to get some setting changes that i might have overlooked and missed.

September222022

Uncheck this box here >>>
Just done it last night and today, having the same issue. That is why i thought it was time to seek help for many people who may have knowledge about it. Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestion.

This has nothing to do with bugs and issues of the forum
Actually, it might not. But this is definitely a OS thing. I don't know if this can be categorised as bug and issue, to be more precise, i am looking for system tweak to let my USB powered all the time.

Which windows and Wi-Fi dongol you are using ?
Official Windows 11 Pro Latest Edition without Activation Key.

I assume it was TP-Link since it is as old as the laptop itself. But then, let me stress this again, the Dongol itself doesn't have any problem since it works fine. My issue is that i cannot connect to internet after 10-11 hours. Not that i am worried that i cannot use Internet in that laptop since i have other means.

It just that my laptop seeding color turns red after 10-11 hours. And i have to give it a restart to get it going. It is bearable to restart twice a day to get torrent running. But i am planning on achieving a minimum of 1,000,000 seedbonus.

Seeing the red color and knowing that the seeding has stopped midway while i was asleep leaves a sour mood early in the morning and also makes me feel bad that i had wasted power without doing anything.

just based on my experience, i used to have problem with my wifi dongle tp link wn722n v1 on my windows 10. i fixed the issue by replace the driver, i use the driver from official chipset manufacture instead of the driver from tp link website.

I tried event manager, but it showed only a day or two log and since the system was as slow as a snail i didn't bothered to, but will try again since it might have a clue there.

But there is no driver for the dongol. It is a plug and play type. As long as i have been using the dongol, i never had the need to download a driver in windows, linux, ubuntu and fedora. So, i guess we can rule out driver updates, sorry.

Only other thing in my mind is power-plan! It need to be like this >>
Done that too. Still no changes. Thank you for your time, sir. If you come across anyother idea or tweaks please do tell.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Just done it last night and today, having the same issue. That is why i thought it was time to seek help for many people who may have knowledge about it. Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestion.
Only other thing in my mind is power-plan! It need to be like this >>

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
Put your posts in one, don't double post please

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
To the mods/admin.

Please don't close the thread for a day or two so as to let someone tell me some tweaks that others haven't thought of. Thank you very much.

I know i am being too much, but if it is possible, can this thread be pinned for a day or two so that someone can help?

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Which client do you use?

Nitroscape

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Remove the wifi driver and delete it, unplug the wifi adapter restart sys plug the wifi adapter let it download and install driver, Done.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Which client do you use?
utorrent.

Remove the wifi driver and delete it, unplug the wifi adapter restart sys plug the wifi adapter let it download and install driver, Done.
Like i have told above, this isn't a driver problem. Adapter is a plug and play type. But let's assume it is indeed a driver problem, if i were to uninstall the wifi driver from device manager, there is no guarantee that i would be able to connect to internet again, i haven't tried this method but will take note of. If there is no tweaks for me available, i shall try this method as my last resort. Thank you for your suggestion.
Put your posts in one, don't double post please
Thank you for taking the trouble of editing my replies into one. I was using mobile to reply and wasn't aware that i can do this in mobile too.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Like i have told above, this isn't a driver problem. Adapter is a plug and play type. But let's assume it is indeed a driver problem, if i were to uninstall the wifi driver from device manager, there is no guarantee that i would be able to connect to internet again, i haven't tried this method but will take note of. If there is no tweaks for me available, i shall try this method as my last resort. Thank you for your suggestion.
Create system-restore point before update drivers ;)

Something is fishy there and I will rather accuse Win11 /then driver if they are for W11/!
Can You try that dongle on some other computer? /Some w10 or.../

Last edited:

iwanjeh

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
414.5 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
set the power option to performance not balance or maybe you want to change edition of windows u using ?

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
utorrent.
Which version?

Less than five words...

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Create system-restore point before update drivers ;)

Something is fishy there and I will rather accuse Win11 /then driver if they are for W11/!
Can You try that dongle on some other computer? /Some w10 or.../
Yes. I almost forgot that i have restore point. Thank you for reminding that.

If i were to blame something, i too would like to blame it on W11. Since i was able to seed non stop for almost a month in W10. Then again, now that almost all the options are expended, now this thread has become an opportunity to learn more about windows tweaks rather than the problem itself, meaning anymore suggestion on this topic must be something i have overlooked and missed.

I have used the adapter on almost all the computers and laptop with inbuilt wifi that i come across as well various OS too, it works flawlessly. But i haven't tried something like this (Letting the laptop rest in one place and keep the torrent to seed as much as i can) so, i don't know about that.
set the power option to performance not balance or maybe you want to change edition of windows u using ?
I have tried 3 different power options over the span of three days. Tried Balanced, Power saver as well as high performance and ran the torrent over night, but in the morning same result. Torrent seeding bar becomes red and i am unable to connect to internet and restart fixes this problem. As far as Windows version, it is the latest Offical one. Last i checked, it was build 900 (27th November update) and it got updated in the past week too, but not sure which version it has now.

Which version?

Less than five words...
I am sorry if my tone seemed harsh, but i installed the OS relatively recent, the OS is less than 20 days new, and the torrent software is the latest version downloaded from the utorrent website. Please understand that i am AFK, so i could not check the version, but it is the latest, if there were no updates within the last 2 weeks.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

September222022

My last thought .... are You have checked this option >>
Besides all already mentioned options I can`t figure out what can cause this behavior... except Win11!
In Your shoes I will go back to W10, especially because that comp will only be seed station, so You do not to much to work on it to achieve that goal

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years

September222022

My last thought .... are You have checked this option >>
Besides all already mentioned options I can`t figure out what can cause this behavior... except Win11!
In Your shoes I will go back to W10, especially because that comp will only be seed station, so You do not to much to work on it to achieve that goal
Yes. It is the first thing i do in laptop upon connecting to Wi-Fi. So i am sure that is automatically connected.

Exactly my thoughts, i too think all the options have been explored, but still hoping if i could get some other advices and guides, that is why i asked for mods to leave it open just in case someone shares their thoughts.

I would love to go back to W10 but i have already spent too much time tweaking and organising the laptop that at this point it is too much of a hassle to go back, that is the only reason why i seek the help of the community in the hopes i get some insight on this problem.

As i am at end of the rope, and if the mods or admin feel the same and this thread is a lost cause now and they think there won't be any more different solution than those that have been already given. Even though i didn't get the solution i am hoping for, if you feel like it, you may close the thread.

And @fantom, thank you very much for your time to stay consistent on this thread and follow up on the issue. Thanks again.

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
While not a true solution but create .BAT file with shutdown -r command (restart the system) and create a scheduled task to run it after every 10 hours use some way to autologon or remove the password from the only signin account. Your system will restart every 10 hours and hopefully automatically reconnect to wifi for next 10 hours or so

Status
Not open for further replies.