Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Wi-Fi Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
While not a true solution but create .BAT file with shutdown -r command (restart the system) and create a scheduled task to run it after every 10 hours use some way to autologon or remove the password from the only signin account. Your system will restart every 10 hours and hopefully automatically reconnect to wifi for next 10 hours or so
You speak my mind. That is route i am following for now. I am testing on how long does the system connect and after how long does it actually disconnect, calculating this i am planning on creating a scheduled task of restart, i won't have to bother with torrent auto start since i have already created that. I was planning on executing this tomorrow or the day after this thread is closed and i have had more than enough methods tested. But, anyways, thank you for your suggestion.

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
RUN > MSINFO32
(Post your hardware specs, System Manufacturer & Model)

Is there really a need to be using wifi dongle over ethernet cable on this device?
(Try using ethernet cables if there would be issues, or switch device to an old PC as a seedbox)

Was this setup working with no issues when it was on a Win10 OS? Try the GO back feature to Windows 10
** Limited to 10 days only from upgrading to Win 11

Did the device pass PC health check app?
PASS > Repair Install Update (RIU) Windows 11 (but it won't fix the problem is if it's a hardware issue)
FAIL > Windows is not liable for issues since it is installed on an unsupported hardware
you will be advised to contact OEM

Two options: GO back to Windows 10 or Get a PC as a standard seedbox

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I am sorry if my tone seemed harsh, but i installed the OS relatively recent, the OS is less than 20 days new, and the torrent software is the latest version downloaded from the utorrent website. Please understand that i am AFK, so i could not check the version, but it is the latest, if there were no updates within the last 2 weeks.
Assuming that the latest verison is 3.6, try to downgrade your client into 3.5.5 or 3.5.4

uT 3.6 is known for its misbehaviour...

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hello everyone who has replied to my problem. I didn't reply to the above threads so as not to get any more attention to this thread since i thought i have got all the answers that i could probably receive (but not the one i had hoped to)

But now that i have discovered something new that i didn't think of, i thought i had to mention it to you.

RUN > MSINFO32
(Post your hardware specs, System Manufacturer & Model)

Is there really a need to be using wifi dongle over ethernet cable on this device?
(Try using ethernet cables if there would be issues, or switch device to an old PC as a seedbox)

Was this setup working with no issues when it was on a Win10 OS? Try the GO back feature to Windows 10
** Limited to 10 days only from upgrading to Win 11

Did the device pass PC health check app?
PASS > Repair Install Update (RIU) Windows 11 (but it won't fix the problem is if it's a hardware issue)
FAIL > Windows is not liable for issues since it is installed on an unsupported hardware
you will be advised to contact OEM

Two options: GO back to Windows 10 or Get a PC as a standard seedbox
Running msinfo and posting the details isn't the issue here. But the fact the system is very old and it boots up to this days not to mention windows 11 at that, is in and of itself a miracle. I presume it was an older generation laptop than i cores, not sure though.

I am more comfortable with Wi-Fi even though i know how fast and reliable the LAN is, but the reason i don't chose LAN is, my bottom case is broken, so i can't plug the cable. Even if i workaround it and buy a USB to LAN Adapter, i would also have to spend in cables. The router is at a high point and in a central place, i would have to buy atleast 30 mts of cable to get the connection to my room or to the place where i have placed the laptop as a seed station.

Please read the above post, i have already mentioned that this setup worked without any issues for month (Because that was how long i was seeding) and i was able to get to 200,000 seedbonus because of that setup. I did a clean installation of windows 11 OS, so i don't think i might have to option to roll back. (Not that i would roll back even if there is an option, since i wouldn't have installed 11 in a perfectly working 10) (I have mentioned above as to why i have upgraded to 11, if needed you can check that)

I don't even need to run the health app to know what would be the result. It will definitely fail since i have installed it in on unsupported hardware.

I am looking for the third option: Use this PC as the seed station by rectifying the issue. (Which, btw, is almost close to be solved)

Assuming that the latest verison is 3.6, try to downgrade your client into 3.5.5 or 3.5.4

uT 3.6 is known for its misbehaviour...
Yes, it is 3.6 build 46590 (Checked) (Please read the below para and reply your opinion)

So, since there was no proper solution, i thought of just letting it be as it with timed restarts every 5 hours and auto start of torrent upon start up. But then i thought of using a totally different approach. I, then downloaded few movies, songs, episodes, software from various other sites by torrent. After the download, i restarted the PC and left everything to seed (Other Contents + TeamOS Content). I left it over night and when i saw the result in the morning the seeding torrents of TeamOS had turned red whilst the other content torrents was seeding as well as uploading, to my surprise.

There are definitely workaround options to me available (Like tasked restart & auto start of torrent) but It would be great to know the cause of the problem, if someone could tell me why this happens, then it would be great, if no one does, welp, it's not like it is the end of the world

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello everyone who has replied to my problem. I didn't reply to the above threads so as not to get any more attention to this thread since i thought i have got all the answers that i could probably receive (but not the one i had hoped to)

But now that i have discovered something new that i didn't think of, i thought i had to mention it to you.

Running msinfo and posting the details isn't the issue here. But the fact the system is very old and it boots up to this days not to mention windows 11 at that, is in and of itself a miracle. I presume it was an older generation laptop than i cores, not sure though.

I am more comfortable with Wi-Fi even though i know how fast and reliable the LAN is, but the reason i don't chose LAN is, my bottom case is broken, so i can't plug the cable. Even if i workaround it and buy a USB to LAN Adapter, i would also have to spend in cables. The router is at a high point and in a central place, i would have to buy atleast 30 mts of cable to get the connection to my room or to the place where i have placed the laptop as a seed station.

Please read the above post, i have already mentioned that this setup worked without any issues for month (Because that was how long i was seeding) and i was able to get to 200,000 seedbonus because of that setup. I did a clean installation of windows 11 OS, so i don't think i might have to option to roll back. (Not that i would roll back even if there is an option, since i wouldn't have installed 11 in a perfectly working 10) (I have mentioned above as to why i have upgraded to 11, if needed you can check that)

I don't even need to run the health app to know what would be the result. It will definitely fail since i have installed it in on unsupported hardware.

I am looking for the third option: Use this PC as the seed station by rectifying the issue. (Which, btw, is almost close to be solved)

Yes, it is 3.6 build 46590 (Checked) (Please read the below para and reply your opinion)

So, since there was no proper solution, i thought of just letting it be as it with timed restarts every 5 hours and auto start of torrent upon start up. But then i thought of using a totally different approach. I, then downloaded few movies, songs, episodes, software from various other sites by torrent. After the download, i restarted the PC and left everything to seed (Other Contents + TeamOS Content). I left it over night and when i saw the result in the morning the seeding torrents of TeamOS had turned red whilst the other content torrents was seeding as well as uploading, to my surprise.

There are definitely workaround options to me available (Like tasked restart & auto start of torrent) but It would be great to know the cause of the problem, if someone could tell me why this happens, then it would be great, if no one does, welp, it's not like it is the end of the world
I think the easiest and most reasonable solution: downgrade your client.
And then try it again.

If you don't want to downgrade your client, we need a screen shot containing error code. Especially from TeamOS which turned into red.
You can find it under 'general' or 'tracker' tab on client.
Please blur your PID if any.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I think the easiest and most reasonable solution: downgrade your client.
And then try it again.

If you don't want to downgrade your client, we need a screen shot containing error code. Especially from TeamOS which turned into red.
You can find it under 'general' or 'tracker' tab on client.
Please blur your PID if any.
It's that i don't want to downgrade but i don't want to do anymore install works in that laptop. So, i am thinking roundabouts that can resolve the issue with whatever i have in the hands.

It takes about 5-6 hrs for the torrent seeding bar to turn red once it has started seeding, and i need to move the laptop to my work place rather than seed place if i were to take screenshots and work in that, but it is doable. Please share me the detailed explanation of what i should screenshot and where can i find that once my torrent bar turns red. Anyother personal information that i should blur out would be grateful .

Ideally you want something installed to monitor and log your connection and its should indicate when the problem occours. A quick google suggests somewthing like the trial software EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED

c09760a0bc43a29a2d4bb4e00ff95ddc.png

2faf8753b2dd21f8712dbb7049eebe3a.png
I already have glasswire and typically what you suggest is a good approach if i were to take into consideration of uploading. But as you, not all software is needed all the time thus the need of seedbonus was introduced. To be honest, of all the time i had seed from the past one week, only 10-20 MB was used as a total upload data. And also, like i said in the previous post, there is no issue to data disconnecting since the other content were able to upload and seed, it just the teamOS torrent seed bar that turns to red.

I would like to update with screenshot and other details related to this problem if i was allowed to make new post in this thread, so i will humbly request the admins/mods to not to close this thread since it might take a while to take the screenshot and get back.

Last edited by a moderator:

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
It's that i don't want to downgrade but i don't want to do anymore install works in that laptop. So, i am thinking roundabouts that can resolve the issue with whatever i have in the hands.

It takes about 5-6 hrs for the torrent seeding bar to turn red once it has started seeding, and i need to move the laptop to my work place rather than seed place if i were to take screenshots and work in that, but it is doable. Please share me the detailed explanation of what i should screenshot and where can i find that once my torrent bar turns red. Anyother personal information that i should blur out would be grateful .

I already have glasswire and typically what you suggest is a good approach if i were to take into consideration of uploading. But as you, not all software is needed all the time thus the need of seedbonus was introduced. To be honest, of all the time i had seed from the past one week, only 10-20 MB was used as a total upload data. And also, like i said in the previous post, there is no issue to data disconnecting since the other content were able to upload and seed, it just the teamOS torrent seed bar that turns to red.

I would like to update with screenshot and other details related to this problem if i was allowed to make new post in this thread, so i will humbly request the admins/mods to not to close this thread since it might take a while to take the screenshot and get back.
Something looks like this from your client:

nfvtC_XP.png

That's tracker error code.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
Here's how to fix a USB Wi-Fi adapter that has stopped working on a Windows or Mac computer.

1. Turn off airplane mode. If enabled, airplane mode will disable all wireless communications.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi. If the Wi-Fi setting is disabled, the USB Wi-Fi adapter will not be able to connect to the Internet.
  3. Check the Wi-Fi signal strength. Check the Wi-Fi icon on your desktop to see how many bars your internet connection has. If your USB adapter is online but the signal is weak, you may be able to improve it by moving the computer closer to a window and away from walls and large objects.
  4. Reconnect the USB Wi-Fi adapter. Carefully unplug the adapter after a few seconds, then plug it back in.
  5. Check for dirt and damage. Unplug the USB Wi-Fi adapter and check for dust on the inside of the USB connector. Also look for Medicines or loose casing which may indicate damage to the product.
  6. Restart your computer. A quick system restart can fix problems with the USB Wi-Fi adapter, as well as a number of other computer problems.
  7. Update your computer. Download and install the latest operating system for your Windows computer Windows or Mac. Not only can this help make your device more stable, but the update process is known to detect and fix system errors.
  8. Try another USB port. The current USB port may be damaged.
  9. Try another USB device. If another device, such as a USB mouse, does not work, then the problem is with the USB port, not the USB Wi-Fi adapter.
  10. Connect your computer to a power source. Some laptops have trouble powering multiple USB devices at the same time while running on battery power.
  11. Use a powered USB hub. If you suspect that more power is required to use the USB Wi-Fi adapter, try connecting it to a USB hub or dock that has its own power supply.
  12. Remove the USB hub. If you're already using a USB hub, unplug the USB Wi-Fi adapter and connect it directly to your computer. The USB hub may be blocking the connection.
  13. Run the Windows troubleshooter. Run the troubleshooters for Internet Connections, Incoming Connections, Network Adapter, and Power.
  14. Scan for hardware changes. In Windows, open Device Manager and select Scan for hardware changes from the top menu. This can help the computer detect and activate the USB Wi-Fi adapter.
  15. Enable your Wi-Fi adapter. You may need to manually turn on a number of settings in Windows for the USB Wi-Fi adapter to be detected.
  16. Update your device drivers. In Windows, update the drivers for all USB adapters under Network adapters.
  17. Uninstall and reinstall the device drivers. If updating the device driver does not work, open Device Manager again, right-click the name of the USB adapter and select Uninstall device. When finished, restart your computer. The correct driver should be downloaded and installed automatically after the reboot process is complete.
  18. Install the driver in compatibility mode. Open the Driver and install it from the manufacturer's website or the CD included in Windows compatibility mode. This can be useful if outdated drivers cannot be installed on a modern operating system.
  19. Reset the WLAN AutoConfig settings. Click on Windows + R, and type services.msc and select OK. When the window appears, double-click WLAN AutoConfig and select Automatic > Apply > OK.
  20. Reset your Mac's system management console. Resetting the System Management Controller or SMC on a Mac can fix a number of issues including those affecting USB devices and Wi-Fi connectivity.
  21. Disable USB battery saver. In Windows, open Settings and select Bluetooth and devices > USB And make sure the switch next to USB battery saver is turned off.
  22. Reset network settings. Network settings basically manage most of your device's network features that allow it to connect to the Internet and other devices. You can reset network settings on Mac computers and Windows.
  23. Replace the USB Wi-Fi adapter. If none of the above fixes work, you may need to purchase a new USB Wi-Fi device. If your device is relatively new, you should be able to exchange it or get a full refund.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@Elzer

I don't know if the post you have made is just a copy paste from some other site or notes or you literally spent time to write that. but just for the very reason that you have decided to do such a long post garners my much respect for you. Thank you so very much into investing so much of your time.

Here's how to fix a USB Wi-Fi adapter that has stopped working on a Windows or Mac computer.
First, my USB Wi-Fi works well and i have no problem with browsing and using it. [You can know the exact details by the previous post i have made]

I have already told all my methods that i have tried above, but just for you i will type again.
  1. Turn off airplane mode. If enabled, airplane mode will disable all wireless communications.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi. If the Wi-Fi setting is disabled, the USB Wi-Fi adapter will not be able to connect to the Internet.
  3. Check the Wi-Fi signal strength. Check the Wi-Fi icon on your desktop to see how many bars your internet connection has. If your USB adapter is online but the signal is weak, you may be able to improve it by moving the computer closer to a window and away from walls and large objects.
1. I Tried airplane mode on\off [By Physical Button (fn Key) and using System Tray icon]: No Changes
2. Turned on/off Wi-Fi [By System Tray and device settings (Enable/Disable Wi-Fi)]: No Changes
3. Upon encountering this problem, i placed the laptop as close as 5 meters from the router with no interruption: No Changes

1. Reconnect the USB Wi-Fi adapter. Carefully unplug the adapter after a few seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Check for dirt and damage. Unplug the USB Wi-Fi adapter and check for dust on the inside of the USB connector. Also look for Medicines or loose casing which may indicate damage to the product.
  3. Restart your computer. A quick system restart can fix problems with the USB Wi-Fi adapter, as well as a number of other computer problems.
  4. Update your computer. Download and install the latest operating system for your Windows computer Windows or Mac. Not only can this help make your device more stable, but the update process is known to detect and fix system errors.
  5. Try another USB port. The current USB port may be damaged.
  6. Try another USB device. If another device, such as a USB mouse, does not work, then the problem is with the USB port, not the USB Wi-Fi adapter.
1. I have reconnected USB so many times, that i can insert the USB the right way with my eyes closed. [JK, but i did try it so many times]
2. I periodically dismantle my laptop and clean every nook and corner of the laptop to the best of my knowledge and abilities, but just in case, since you mentioned, i checked and there was no dust that might interrupt the connection or service.
3. I forgot the number of times i restarted & Shutdown and power on in the hopes, that at least one restart or boot up might fix the problem. Still no changes.
4. You might know if you read my earlier post, the system was a clean installation of OS that was taken from Microsoft site few days prior to the installation and the first thing i did was update to the latest version of Knowledge Base. Still no changes.
5. Tired all ports: No Changes
6. There is literally no problem with other usb devices tired Pendrive, Card Reader, Connected Phone, Mouse, Keyboard, Joystick, Hard disk, USB Hub, even another Wi-Fi adapter. Still no Changes.

1. Connect your computer to a power source. Some laptops have trouble powering multiple USB devices at the same time while running on battery power.
  2. Use a powered USB hub. If you suspect that more power is required to use the USB Wi-Fi adapter, try connecting it to a USB hub or dock that has its own power supply.
  3. Remove the USB hub. If you're already using a USB hub, unplug the USB Wi-Fi adapter and connect it directly to your computer. The USB hub may be blocking the connection.
  4. Run the Windows troubleshooter. Run the troubleshooters for Internet Connections, Incoming Connections, Network Adapter, and Power.
  5. Scan for hardware changes. In Windows, open Device Manager and select Scan for hardware changes from the top menu. This can help the computer detect and activate the USB Wi-Fi adapter.
  6. Enable your Wi-Fi adapter. You may need to manually turn on a number of settings in Windows for the USB Wi-Fi adapter to be detected.
  7. Update your device drivers. In Windows, update the drivers for all USB adapters under Network adapters.
1. My laptop is powered enabled. Meaning my battery gave out and i have to plug in to the power source even to power on. Since it was meant to be scrapped, i didn't bother spending money on replacements and just left it to run as long as it can.
2. No, Wi-Fi Adapter doesn't take that much power, i have used it for 10 years now, so i know a few things about the adapter, i have used the same laptop with literally the same physical components and devices and used to seed for 100 hrs straight. if there is one thing that is difference between then and now, it would be that i used 100 hrs seed in Windows 10 and now i am trying to do the same in windows 11.
3. Never have i ever used USB hub as wi-fi port except during the testing period.
4. No error. it was a flawless connection.
5. I might have done this, but since the connection was already established and the connection was working, maybe the hardware didn't return a error or detect any changes.
6. I have already tried enabling and disabling the wi-fi from device manager, Still no changes.
7. Tried, but that returns the dialog box of "Already having the best possible version or you can try with windows update to see if there is any new version of software" which brings me back to square one.

1. Uninstall and reinstall the device drivers. If updating the device driver does not work, open Device Manager again, right-click the name of the USB adapter and select Uninstall device. When finished, restart your computer. The correct driver should be downloaded and installed automatically after the reboot process is complete.
  2. Install the driver in compatibility mode. Open the Driver and install it from the manufacturer's website or the CD included in Windows compatibility mode. This can be useful if outdated drivers cannot be installed on a modern operating system.
  3. Reset the WLAN AutoConfig settings. Click on Windows + R, and type services.msc and select OK. When the window appears, double-click WLAN AutoConfig and select Automatic > Apply > OK.
  4. Reset your Mac's system management console. Resetting the System Management Controller or SMC on a Mac can fix a number of issues including those affecting USB devices and Wi-Fi connectivity.
  5. Disable USB battery saver. In Windows, open Settings and select Bluetooth and devices > USB And make sure the switch next to USB battery saver is turned off.
  6. Reset network settings. Network settings basically manage most of your device's network features that allow it to connect to the Internet and other devices. You can reset network settings on Mac computers and Windows.
  7. Replace the USB Wi-Fi adapter. If none of the above fixes work, you may need to purchase a new USB Wi-Fi device. If your device is relatively new, you should be able to exchange it or get a full refund.
1. Tried. Same driver gets downloaded upon windows update.
2. Didn't try since it was a plug and play wi-fi adapter and i never had any problems with that before.
3. Didn't try since internet was working but gets disconnected after 5-6 hrs, so didn't want to screw up the device anymore than i already have.
4. This is something i am hearing for the first time that could solve the problem related to wifi connectivity, i have given up on the laptop but i plan to go back to it one day, and when i do, i will try and if this thread open by then i will post the conclusion, else i will create a new thread to let you know about the status.
5. I have checked The selective power option and the advanced powering options in the Control Panel> Power Options, so i think i have did this too, but will take a note of it also for the next time, since i am not sure.
6. Didn't try will try next time.
7. I bought a new USB Adapter since the one i was using was nearly 10 years old and i know just what kind of usage did the adapter went through, so i definitely thought it was the wi-fi adapter that was busted. so checked the same with a brand new adapter still same effect, connection gets disconnected after 4-5 hours, so, unfortunately, my adapter had much life to it and i had to return a brand new(used) adapter that will be sold to someone else as a brand new device.

oh, did i forgot to mention, i did another perspective method of checking which i have told above. The thing is, after i had tried everything, i thought "Why shouldn't it be a problem with TeamOS torrent. so i torrent downloaded movies, games, songs, softwares, ebooks, and literally all genre of stuffs that i use from various sites and let it to seeeeeed along with TeamOS torrents, that's when i saw, all the different types of torrents that i had downloaded were not only seeding but also uploading with the speed of 4 Mb/s but TeamOS torrent seeding bar became red after the same 5-6 hours. that's when i gave up with this investigation and rectification of problem with the hopes i will return one day again and solve this at its core.

Last edited:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
@September222022 .... I'm sure you've checked Device Manager for errors... I have same sort of problems recently... whereas a specific device failed out of the blue... the one in my picture... ... Mine is a Dell Inspiron 15, my work around was to pull the power cord, shut down the PC... then hold down the power button for 12 seconds... after the pc powered back on all was good... seems for me it was to clear Bios... This is not exactly like your prob... since my bluetooth/wifi adaptor is a card on my MB... Just thought I'd share this... Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.