Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Win 11 dual boot isssue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hwllo thereguys! one question. Is win 11 dual bootable? at first try everyhing collapsed. i managed to dual boot with a steampunk OS downloaded from here. but its slowing down everything. the boottime loading time etc. plz note i have i7 10th gen MSI laptop. this slowing down sud not happen. what am i doing wrong?

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
You might want to place your question in the thread you got the file from, there the uploader might be able to help you.
follow the guidelines please -> https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/read-this-before-posting-here-follow-the-guidelines-please.51753/.

Last edited:

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
You might want to place your question in the thread you got the file from, there the uploader might be able to help you.
i am very sure its not the uploader's fault.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
What 2 OS's are you trying to boot? I usually dualboot Linux & Windows. I have had as many as 4 OS's boot (quadboot Win7/Win10/Linux Mint/Phoenix OS).

My "way" is done by installing Linux to a hard drive, then removing cable when done. Installing Win10 to another hard drive. I then plug cable back in for the Linux drive, and set bios to boot to linux. When in linux I then configure GRUB2 to multiboot. I have had as many as 4 OS's at one time, which required 3 different hard drives. Linux Mint and Phoenix OS (android) can be installed to the same hard drive, since both are linux based, just have to add some commands to GRUB manually.

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
What 2 OS's are you trying to boot? I usually dualboot Linux & Windows. I have had as many as 4 OS's boot (quadboot Win7/Win10/Linux Mint/Phoenix OS).

My "way" is done by installing Linux to a hard drive, then removing cable when done. Installing Win10 to another hard drive. I then plug cable back in for the Linux drive, and set bios to boot to linux. When in linux I then configure GRUB2 to multiboot. I have had as many as 4 OS's at one time, which required 3 different hard drives. Linux Mint and Phoenix OS (android) can be installed to the same hard drive, since both are linux based, just have to add some commands to GRUB manually.
I am trying win 11 on win 11.this is a laptop and so no removable disks. theres the default win 11 on the SSD and trying to install another win 11 to the HDD. now can there be an issue with GPT , MBR? The one on SSD is GPT. i tried GPT for the HDD, didnt work. WHen i tried MBR for HDD it worked, all the things got real slow. unbearably slow.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I am trying win 11 on win 11.this is a laptop and so no removable disks. theres the default win 11 on the SSD and trying to install another win 11 to the HDD. now can there be an issue with GPT , MBR? The one on SSD is GPT. i tried GPT for the HDD, didnt work. WHen i tried MBR for HDD it worked, all the things got real slow. unbearably slow.

I like simplicity, thats why I use different HD's. You could try an external IF your usb are at LEAST 3.x. GPT wont let you do 2 on 1 partition if i'm not mistaken. I've done it with Win10 & Linux & Phoenix OS (android) using MBR on just 1 drive.

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I like simplicity, thats why I use different HD's. You could try an external IF your usb are at LEAST 3.x. GPT wont let you do 2 on 1 partition if i'm not mistaken. I've done it with Win10 & Linux & Phoenix OS (android) using MBR on just 1 drive.
hmm exactly... that GPT MBR is the issue it seems

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
hmm exactly... that GPT MBR is the issue it seems
remember, if the drive is OVER 2tb, then it HAS to be formatted in GPT to see the whole drive, otherwise you are limited to approx. 2.2tb.

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
remember, if the drive is OVER 2tb, then it HAS to be formatted in GPT to see the whole drive, otherwise you are limited to approx. 2.2tb.
That i know. Its a 512 gb SSD and a 1 TB HDD. MSI i7 10th . i read somewhere win 11 doesnt support multi boot. so what i am planning is to do a whole reset. i format the SSD install win 10 and then dual boot it with win 11. lets see if that works

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I am booting over 30 os with my laptop without having single problems..
I am using refind boot manager
Can boots everything
I am boots aprox 6 windows 11
1 from local partition others from
Vhd booting via refind with agfm
File manager
Deepin and elementry os via
Local partition
Mac os from sdd
Android from pendrive
Winpe from direct iso via refind
And agfm
Refind works on both uefi and bios

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
I am booting over 30 os with my laptop without having single problems..
I am using refind boot manager
Can boots everything
I am boots aprox 6 windows 11
1 from local partition others from
Vhd booting via refind with agfm
File manager
Deepin and elementry os via
Local partition
Mac os from sdd
Android from pendrive
Winpe from direct iso via refind
And agfm
Refind works on both uefi and bios
30, seriously?
Kindly show some snaps for such a big thing here.

ifanyonecan

Downloaded
59.4 GB
Uploaded
43.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I have a 10 year old laptop using mbr, multiboot
Dos 6.22
Windows 3.11
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows 11 Home
Windows 11 Pro
Windows 11 22h2

On a 500gb HDD

Without any problems

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
30, seriously?
Kindly show some snaps for such a big thing here.
Yes if u want i am able to upload dedecated youtube link upload

1. Icon windows 11 boots from local partition
2. Icon agfm file manager can boots vhds,isos,linux kernel,dat,bin etc.
3.icon winpe direct boot
4.icon clover boot manager
5 icon deepin 20.4 linux boot from local partition
6.icon windows 10 setup

Last edited:

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Yes i have a 10 year old lenovo laptopn and i can easily multiboot whatever i want. but this modern gaming laptop giving me headaches

ophie

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
59.9 GB
Uploaded
112.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I'm multi-booting 2 versions (TeamOS builds) of Win 11 and 2 Linux Distros (Fedora and Manjaro). UEFI here. So, I'm sure Win 11 can multi-boot, much less dual-boot.

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
i will try something different today. I will partition the SSD and multi boot there instead of on the HDD. if that works then theres a boot problem, may be confliction the methods of MBR or GPT

RickCaffery

Downloaded
51.9 GB
Uploaded
37.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Ok guys problem solved. its all ok now. thank you all for your contributions to this idiotic problem of mine.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Sounds like all is good, closed and locked, & tagged completed. Thanks to all who pitched in!

Status
Not open for further replies.