Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Windows server (2019 or other) and Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

casperyc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
165.2 GB
Uploaded
378.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I installed a fresh windows 2019 server and hoping to set up Active Directory.
Before I can setup AD, I had some problems activiating the system.

Hopefully, I managed to find an Medicines.
But the main problem is, I can't get it connected to internet.

After a bit of seach on the web (from a different machine), some services must be started automatically???
It EXCALMARION mark in the internet ICON at the bottom right corner disappeared for a while and a restart,
but then it stopped working again. Back to the computer icon, with an EXCALMARION mark inside the triangle.
Not internet connection, only local.....

Is it sooooo difficult to work on a server system due to all the policies and restrictions??
How can I get to the internect now?
Then setting it up as Active Directory?

Would some old server version like 2008,2012 make it easier for newbie to work with?

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
You may have one of the "rare" boards that has a network card that either is completely unsupported by Windows Server, or you may simply need to go to the manufactures website and download the latest drivers. The exclamation point is telling you there is something wrong, and that's most likely to be a driver related issue. Use another computer, or one of the many recently released copies of Windows PE, to go online, and grab the latest driver for your nic card, plop it on a flash drive, and restart windows server, install the driver, and see if you can connect to the internet. Also, in order for you to have active directory up and working, you need a working DNS... DNS is vital to active directory.

casperyc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
165.2 GB
Uploaded
378.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
You may have one of the "rare" boards that has a network card that either is completely unsupported by Windows Server, or you may simply need to go to the manufactures website and download the latest drivers. The exclamation point is telling you there is something wrong, and that's most likely to be a driver related issue. Use another computer, or one of the many recently released copies of Windows PE, to go online, and grab the latest driver for your nic card, plop it on a flash drive, and restart windows server, install the driver, and see if you can connect to the internet. Also, in order for you to have active directory up and working, you need a working DNS... DNS is vital to active directory.
thats just weird.

There is nothing says any driver issue in the device manager, "looks" like every driver is installed for all devices....and
I can even see the adaptor properties, like you can even change the IPv4, IPV6 including their DNS adress ect.....

But thanks for the suggestion, I will do that coming Monday

casperyc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
165.2 GB
Uploaded
378.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
updated with the same drivers (including the nic card) of other machines.....

Not luck.....still says no internet,,,,

only lan........

ifanyonecan

Downloaded
59.4 GB
Uploaded
43.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Have you run ipconfig /all to make sure you have a valid ip address, subnet, gateway and dns (My Router address is 192.168.1.1)

This is mine

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.96(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 14 March 2022 16:00:31
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 15 March 2022 16:00:31
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 1.1.1.1

Last edited:

PyroTech

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
updated with the same drivers (including the nic card) of other machines.....

Not luck.....still says no internet,,,,

only lan........
i have that system on my virtual machine and i setup 2 net adapters, if you go to server DNS and DHCP make another "Internal adapter" i setup my lab with 4 machines, 1 DATACENTER - 1 BACKUPS - 1 DHCP server - 1 Client with windows enterprise connected by local.domain and DHCP-server, all computers with ip manual selected.
This video may help you ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.