Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked PC Hardware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedmohy565

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hello guys

I am facing a problem with my pc that when i try to boot the pc freeze
I can stay any amount of time i want in bios but once i try to boot from any drive the pc freezes i replaced the motherboard and the same problem happens

My PC Specs :
• CPU : Intel core i7 12700kf
• MOBO : Asus tuf gaming Z-690 plus ddr5
• Ram : Corsair vengeance 2*16 gb ddr5 4800mhz
• GPU : Zotac 3090 oc 24gb
• Power Supply : Antec high current gamer extreme 1000 watt 80 gold
• SSD : WD Black sn770 1tb
• HDD : Segate barcuda 2tb

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
@Cyler, So Sorry if you're busy, i hope you have a look with my friend here !

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
What is your Operating System (OS) ?

ahmedmohy565

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
It is windows 11 pro

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
He Tells Me That He Faces That within Booting [ Freezing ]

QY5TNj.jpeg

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
First since you can get to bios try to default bios and disable secure boot deal if enabled

WhiteLocks

eXPerience
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
774.5 GB
Uploaded
7.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Go to the manufacture website of your motherboard and check for bios updates. Flashing the bios normally fixes things.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
So many items on google to " Window 11 stuck in Bios"(Stoggie)

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
257 (265)
Member for 7 years
have you reset bios to default and make sure fast boot it's off and boot menu set to AHCI??

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
194 GB
Uploaded
762.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
It would be helpful if you could tell us at what point exactly your system locks up... Personally, I'd disconnect the hard drive and try some form of bootable material such as a Windows Installation DVD, a Windows PE/Lite Flash drive (I always keep one handy for such occasions), and or a Linux Mint Bootable DVD to rule out defective RAM... Then I'd reconnect the hard drive and repeat the same process to test for a corrupted boot sector on the aforementioned hard drive. As you may already know no computer will boot and or freeze during the if either is out of sorts.

Last edited:

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Since you have 2 RAM sticks, run with only one at a time alternating between the two. If it clears the Freeze it could mean RAM stick in question was defective.
Remove all storage drives and run live bootable linux, windows live like Hiren boot dvd or Gandalf's Windows live etc as already suggested.
re-seat all components, power cables, sata connectors etc,
reset bios to lower defaults. there are 2 pins on mobo to clear cmos. short them for 4 - 5 seconds when PC is off.
If your CPU has integrated GPU, (I do not remember for Intel CPUs) then try running display on that and remove graphics cards

if it clears the freeze and reaches desktop, see if event viewer has anything meanigful
check if there's a way to boot to safe mode. I don't recollect how it works with Windows 11

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
My 2 cents ;)

First disconnect the hard drive and keep only the OS ssd.
Check the sata connectors to the ssd

In Bios set secure boot OFF.
Now the first device in "Boot Sequence" should read "Windows Boot Manager"
If Boot sequence is showing something else, check your Bios to see where is the setting to go to UEFI mode or Legacy mode.

Set it to UEFI mode.
If you cannot get these settings then likely the Bios may need a flash.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
You haven't given us details on what you have done before your pc starts freezing.
Does your pc asks you to press F1 or some keys?
Have you update your drivers, your system, change any hardware?
As many have said above, try to unplug all usb''s, check your memory sticks, Power Supply, or Hard drives.
Clear the CMOS. Clearing the BIOS memory on your motherboard will return the BIOS settings to their factory default levels. A BIOS misconfiguration could be the reason that Windows is freezing during startup.
If your pc keeps freezing unfortunately, you can't properly restart Windows because it's not fully loaded, so you have to do it manually.
Start Windows in Safe Mode, if you can, and then restart your computer properly.
Don't do anything in Safe Mode, just get in and restart.
If that doesn't work, then try the Safe Mode.
Start Windows in Safe Mode and then use System Restore to undo recent changes. Windows could freeze, stop, or reboot during the startup process because of damage to a device driver, important file, or part of the registry. A System Restore will return all of those things to their last working order which could solve your problem entirely.
Repair your Windows installation. A common reason for Windows to freeze up or reboot automatically during the Windows startup process is because one or more important Windows files are damaged or missing. Repairing Windows replaces these important files without removing or changing anything else on your computer.
Start Windows using Last Known Good Configuration. If you've just made a change to your computer that you suspect might have caused Windows to stop booting properly, starting with the Last Known Good Configuration could help.
This will return many important settings to the states they were in the last time Windows started successfully, hopefully solving this problem and allowing you back into Windows.
Scan your computer for viruses, again, from Safe Mode. A virus or other kind of malware might have caused a serious enough problem with a part of Windows to cause it to stop starting properly.

PS: If I was you I would be removing all HDD's and plug a new one and try to install windows if the installation was succesfull then something is wrong with your current HDD, all this will avoid you of doing all the above solutions.
Good luck

ahmedmohy565

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
I tried unplug all ssd and hdd and try to boot from flash pc still freezes

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
Try the safe mode or reset

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
194 GB
Uploaded
762.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Did you pull "all" of the external devices including the printer, Scanner, and slot cards (I'm assuming there is an on-board VGA port), and video card?

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I would do exactly what @znop01 has stated. In this case where you don't even know what exactly is the cause, the first thing to do is to rule out as many devices as possible. And the best thing to do that is to use live boot of other version of windows/Linux. If there is a boot failure even in linux, then there is something fault with your RAM and i would repeat the process by alternating the RAM. And if Linux Boot just fine, i would plug the HDD/SSD in another PC and check its status.

But still, it is astonishing that @znop01 mirrors my thoughts.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I'm sorry but the info is so "general" that all the advice from all of us can actually be right and wrong.
You manage to install the OS (Win 11 pro) and after installation, it freezes to the splash screen? If you managed to install Windows, why can't you also boot from a USB? how did you install windows in the 1st place?

Did you change something in the bios like the UEFI settings etc., after the OS install (especially secure boot)? If you enabled secure boot it will not let you boot from USB. Other options that may have similar effects are, ahci on/off, secure boot on/off. legacy boot/options or CSM etc. Wrong memory settings and CPU settings most often lead to a blue screen which I don't see you have but we can't also exclude them. The fact that you can stay in bios for long indicates at least that CPU/RAM works okay (for now).
Suggestion, reset bios to default settings and try. If you did reset bios, set the correct CSM and boot options because, by default in some motherboards, secure boot is set to on.

We can explore other options after your answer.
EDIT: Just to make this clear. You can install an OS with either CSS on or full UEFI, etc but you should not make a change AFTER the OS is installed. In some cases and especially if the OS is modded, it can cause issues.

Last edited:

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
194 GB
Uploaded
762.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hell, if all else fails after you exhaust all of Cyler's suggestions you can always format the boot drive and start all over again. I suggest you start with stripping your setup down to a barebones system, try different DIMM RAM, find a , or use your USB bootable flash drive <preinserted> which will double as a temporary storage device, and see if your computer boots to a desktop. Good luck :cool:

Last edited:

ahmedmohy565

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
I'm sorry but the info is so "general" that all the advice from all of us can actually be right and wrong.
You manage to install the OS (Win 11 pro) and after installation, it freezes to the splash screen? If you managed to install Windows, why can't you also boot from a USB? how did you install windows in the 1st place?

Did you change something in the bios like the UEFI settings etc., after the OS install (especially secure boot)? If you enabled secure boot it will not let you boot from USB. Other options that may have similar effects are, ahci on/off, secure boot on/off. legacy boot/options or CSM etc. Wrong memory settings and CPU settings most often lead to a blue screen which I don't see you have but we can't also exclude them. The fact that you can stay in bios for long indicates at least that CPU/RAM works okay (for now).
Suggestion, reset bios to default settings and try. If you did reset bios, set the correct CSM and boot options because, by default in some motherboards, secure boot is set to on.

We can explore other options after your answer.
EDIT: Just to make this clear. You can install an OS with either CSS on or full UEFI, etc but you should not make a change AFTER the OS is installed. In some cases and especially if the OS is modded, it can cause issues.
The pc was working fine for like 8 months now didn't change anything suddenly this happened i did reset the bios to default and disabled secure boot and tried to boot from bootable flash drive after unpluging all other drives and still freezes, replaced the motherborad, tried work with only 1 ram, all of these solutions didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.