Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Unable to extend C with EaseUS... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggyloving

Downloaded
11.3 GB
Uploaded
71.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hello All,

Hope you all are doing good.

I am in great problem as I have downloaded the Windows update 202H but unable to install it as I have only 4 GB space left in C where it requires 10GB.
So I have taken out some space from other drives but am unable to extend and add that space to C.

Kindly help please.
Please check here -

Thanks

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
It doesn't look for me as other drives, it looks like a bunch of partitions on one.
press Win key, type 'Disk Management' > chose the partition you want to extend > right click on it and chose 'Extend Volume

Downloaded
6 GB
Uploaded
168.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I use "Mini Tool - Partition Wizard" works everytime.
You can also try - Go to "This PC> C Drive Properties> Disk Cleanup> Cleanup System Files" here you may find last windows update files, you can delete these if you don't have any plan to downgrade your windows version.

jaggyloving

Downloaded
11.3 GB
Uploaded
71.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
It doesn't look for me as other drives, it looks like a bunch of partitions on one.
press Win key, type 'Disk Management' > chose the partition you want to extend > right click on it and chose 'Extend Volume
I want to extend C which is not happening.

jaggyloving

Downloaded
11.3 GB
Uploaded
71.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I use "Mini Tool - Partition Wizard" works everytime.
You can also try - Go to "This PC> C Drive Properties> Disk Cleanup> Cleanup System Files" here you may find last windows update files, you can delete these if you don't have any plan to downgrade your windows version.
Will Mini Tool work in my case?

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Use Aomei Partition Assistant winPE boot directly from usb 100% working

jaggyloving

Downloaded
11.3 GB
Uploaded
71.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Am trying Minipartition now. The problem is that I have the option of extending every drive but except C.

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Am trying Minipartition now. The problem is that I have the option of extending every drive but except C.
Use miniparttion Win PE Mode Boot from Usb Pendrive And Easily Extend Your C drive ......
miniparttion have option to create Win PE...........

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,376.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I am confused with the screenshot.
We have a disk of 1TB shrinked in smaller partitions and we see only the half of it.
How many more partitions are created in this disk? I see 2 D and 2 H partitions. And the unallocated 15 GB?
Maybe you cannot create more partitions in this disk otherwise you would do as you did with those you already have.
In normal conditions you would extend it in that unallocated 15 GB partition.

Last edited:

furqanali1597

Downloaded
30.7 GB
Uploaded
115.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Try extending H partition and after that shrink but shrink to the end not from. After this try extending C partition.

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
@parvinder 2018
@Jimmy Collaros
@furqanali1597
We Had a Talk , Me And @jaggyloving

Disk is Dynamic not Basic
P3Dqkn.png

Tried With Him [AOMEI Partition Assistant & DiskGenius & MiniTool ] , All Didn't Work Due to too much partitions [ C, D, E, F, G, H and J ]

All The Problem Now , That This Disk is Dynamic , We Want to Convert it To Basic , Then Resize What He Want

P3DdaU.jpg

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@parvinder 2018
@Jimmy Collaros
@furqanali1597
We Had a Talk , Me And @jaggyloving
Tried With Him [AOMEI Partition Assistant & DiskGenius & MiniTool ] , All Didn't Work Due to too much partitions [ C, D, E, F, G, H and J ]
All The Problem Now , That This Disk is Dynamic , We Want to Convert it To Basic , Then Resize What He Want
P3DdaU.jpg
I'm not surprised. He uses partitions like the rest of us use folders.
My suggestions would be to combine all the partitions into one and to use folders instead.

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
My suggestions would be to combine all the partitions into one and to use folders instead.
Noticed the Same Thing, Told Him That This is Too Much Partitoins But He Replied " That’s my way of keeping things differently and organized, You can find anything that you want by reading the drive name "

I Didn't Accept But I Didn't Force Him To Reduce Them, Btw Now We Can't Do Any Thing, I Made a Phone Call With @mahmoudlinux He is a Professional hard disk technician, He Said If Partitions Are Just 3 or 4 We Can Convert From Dynamic To Basic Without Format or Data Loss, More As We Have Here So We Should Move All Data To An External Hard Drive Then We Do What We Want To Do Then Move Again

furqanali1597

Downloaded
30.7 GB
Uploaded
115.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I am in great problem as I have downloaded the Windows update 202H but unable to install it as I have only 4 GB space left in C where it requires 10GB.
So I have taken out some space from other drives but am unable to extend and add that space to C.
Could he not just move data on Games partition and after update move them back like downloads folder and games, programs from program files folder to games folder. I think this would certainly increase space in C partition

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Could he not just move data on Games partition and after update move them back like downloads folder and games, programs from program files folder to games folder. I think this would certainly increase space in C partition
This is a Half Solution , We Want To Solve Whole Problem and Make him Able To Use The 15 GB unallocated Space ;)

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Noticed the Same Thing, Told Him That This is Too Much Partitoins But He Replied " That’s my way of keeping things differently and organized, You can find anything that you want by reading the drive name "

I Didn't Accept But I Didn't Force Him To Reduce Them, Btw Now We Can't Do Any Thing, I Made a Phone Call With @mahmoudlinux He is a Professional hard disk technician, He Said If Partitions Are Just 3 or 4 We Can Convert From Dynamic To Basic Without Format or Data Loss, More As We Have Here So We Should Move All Data To An External Hard Drive Then We Do What We Want To Do Then Move Again
I almost suggested that: copy everything to an external drive, reformat and then copy it all back into a single partition. This would use all the available space in the most efficient way.

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Tons of Problem In install windows In drive... Therefor I Am Install All OS In separate .vhd And Boot from rEFind

Solution - Convert Some drive To .VHD Using Disk2vhd I think this is helping You....

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Extend different Types of Dynamic Volumes:
Code:
https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/extend-different-types-of-dynamic-volumes.html

Go to 'Extend System Volume in MiniTool Partition Wizard' section (you mentioned that you have this tool)
Unallocated space needs to be straight after the system partition, that is probably the reason you didn't succeed.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but after this operation you will end up with 19GB of free space on you system partition.
That will give you some space to breath, but for how long? I don't know your hardware, but if you are able to add another drive. I would get one.

Maybe run 'Disk Clean-up' (first run it normally on C), then:
'Disk Clean-up' > Clean up system files and at the end
'Disk Clean-up' > Clean up system files > More Options > System Restore and Shadow Copies > Clean up

Hope it will help you a bit

Daki021

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
269.2 GB
Uploaded
2.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
@jaggyloving How much complication about simple thing... All you need is to click on H rthen resize/move and MOVE (just drag) H next to D partition, than you will have unallocated space right after C partition then click on C and go to resize and that's it! :)

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
@jaggyloving How much complication about simple thing... All you need is to click on H rthen resize/move and MOVE (just drag) H next to D partition, than you will have unallocated space right after C partition then click on C and go to resize and that's it! :)
We've Just Tried What You Said, Worked, We Moved The Unallocated Space, Now We Extending C Partition

P3CPEh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.